Announcement of AOSP Awards
Call for the Candidates of 3rd AOSP Awards
AOSP Awards have four categories (see CONSTITUTION, VI. AWARDS).
1) AOSP Award for Distinguished Contribution to Photobiology in Asia and Oceania Countries.
2) AOSP Award, the Awardees have carried out world top-level research on photobiology in Asia and Oceania and achieved remarkable research performance.
3) AOSP Award for Young Scientists.
The Awardees will be honored at 2017 AOCP. Now, the Awards Committee opens call for candidates of these Awardees (except for AOSP Poster Award). Those who are interested may feel free to apply, and there is no need for recommendation from others or from the applicants themselves.
List of AOSP Awardees
The 3rd AOSP Awards (Awarded in 2017 AOCP, Seoul)
Dr. Wada, Masamitsu (Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan)
Dr. Kandori, Hideki (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)
Dr. Shichida, Yoshinori (Kyoto University, Japan)
Dr. Tu, Shih-Long (Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Taiwan)
The 2nd AOSP Awards (Awarded in 2015 AOCP, Taipei)
Dr. Chandana Halder (Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University)
Dr. Satoru Kawamura (Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University)
Dr. Scott Byrne (The Charles Perkins Centre, The University of Sydney)
The 1st AOSP Awards (Awarded in 2013 AOCP, Sydney)
Dr. Motoyuki Tsuda (Hyogo, Japan)
Dr. Byong Seok Choi (Daejeon, Korea)
Dr. Kazuhiro Yagita (Kyoto, Japan)
Information on AOSP Awards (from AOSP Constitution)
1) The AOSP Award for Distinguished Contribution to Photobiology in Asia and Oceania Countries, about two awardees for each AOCP,
2) AOSP Award, The Asia and Oceania Society for Photobiology Award, about two awardees,
3) AOSP Award for Young Scientists, about two awardees, and
4) AOSP Poster Award, about five awardees. The details are established separately.
IV. AWARDSAOSP establishes the following Awards:
1) AOSP Award for Distinguished Contribution to Photobiology in Asia and Oceania Countries, about two awardees, Awardees have achieved world top-level research on photobiology for a long time in Asia and Oceania and contributed distinguishably to AOSP. For mostly retired researchers.
2) AOSP Award, about two awardees, Awardees have carried out world top-level research on photobiology in Asia and Oceania and achieved remarkable research performance. For world top-level, frontier, and experienced researchers on the active.
3) AOSP Award for Young Scientists, about two awardees, Awardees have carried out research on photobiology in Asia and Oceania and achieved remarkable research performance. For young researchers less than 45 years old.
4) AOSP Poster Award, about five awardees, Awardees have achieved remarkable performance from the research and presentation points of view. Selection of awardees:
Awardees 1, 2, 3 are selected by the selection committee from the applicants themselves or recommended from the AOSP Executive Committee members. AOSP president joins in the selection committee as an observer. The selection committee is composed with about eight researchers in Asia and Oceania. One or two researcher can be involved from America and Europe. The 2013 selection committee members are asked by the AOSP president from the various field of photobiology. The 2015 selection committee members are decided by the AOSP president and the 2013 selection committee members. The term of the selection committee members is essentially two times AOCP. However, the terms of one and three times are allowed according to the situation. When the selection committee members are the applicants of the Award, they should be omitted from the selection of the Award. Selection of the AOSP Poster Awardees is asked to the AOCP local organizer to carry out together with the AOSP Executive Committee Members during the AOCP.